Boosting leadership skills to complement employee technical skills
Malvern Panalytical is a global business, part of Spectris Plc, the world-leading precision measurement group. Their technologies enable their customers to create a better world. Improving everything from the energies that power us and the materials we build with, to the medicines that cure us and the food we enjoy.
Malvern Panalytical pride themselves on their people being at the heart of their strategy and want to provide them with the tools to do their jobs well and skills they need to perform at their best. With this in mind, they were looking to develop the soft skills of their employees to complement their technical capabilities and ensure success.
They were looking for a range of requirements with their prospective partnership –
- to develop a wide range of leadership and individual training modules
- to deliver the program worldwide in local languages
- a program that was tailored to their specific needs
- potential to scale delivery across multiple functions in the business
Malvern Panalytical and Talogy worked together to create a tailored Development Booster Program creating a program that really fitted business needs and goals. The program included:
Initial Development Boosters were deployed amongst 200 sales employees and 80 finance employees.
Talogy and Malvern Panalytical went on to create an extended program for leaders, which included a 12-module program on personal effectiveness, focusing on:
- Leading yourself
- Leading others
- Leading the business
- Leading towards the future
The program was accompanied by a buddy scheme where each sales leader partnered with another for continued learning outside of the modules.
The program was well received internally and produced some great feedback from employees:
- 78% of the sales team scored 8 /10 or higher on the feedback survey
- The sales team felt the training was really for them as individuals
- The buddy scheme has proven a good space for learning and sharing thoughts, ideas and feedback
Since deploying the programs, Malvern Panalytical have found that:
- Sales leaders have taken on more ownership and responsibility
- Visible improvements in our engagement survey with first line leaders increase their use of coaching and time spent on discussing development
- Forecast accuracy has improved over the last 6-9 months
- Individual well-being has improved
- Employees are making more decisions faster within their circle of control
Talogy really listened to the goals that we had and created the content with us in partnership rather than reuse existing content…The team has been so successful in working with us that we’ve expanded to other departments, so we are now working with our marketing teams, our finance teams and our service teams and in total over 500 of our employees will take part in the booster program.
What’s next with Talogy?
Talogy will continue to partner with Malvern Panalytical. The work has been so successful they have further expanded to other departments, now working with marketing teams, finance teams and service teams, totalling over 500 of our employees.